Sunday, October 2, 2011

Video Games, Happy Hair, Church, and Chicken

Hello, everybody.  I hope you had a great week and are enjoying your weekend!

Last week after I left a TON of pictures, I mentioned making pasta for a new recipe I was trying out.  Oh my goodness...it was delicious.


This came off of my new favorite blog (How Sweet It is).  If you love lemon-y food, you REALLY need to give this a try.  I whipped up a simple bechamel sauce to toss the pasta in before I put the lemon sauce over it (you know Tyrel has to have SOME form of cream sauce thrown in there).  Anyways...it's covered in cheese and is my new favorite meal.

Speaking of recipes, I added on the right side of the page links to some of the recipes I post on here.  I've had a few people ask me for them and this might make them more accessible.  I usually link the recipe if it's from a website, but some things (like the cinnamon rolls) aren't.  So there you have it.  

I'd like to let you know I'm not as lonely over here anymore.  Mike Singletary's wife made it to Belgium Wednesday morning.  Her name is Alec and she is incredibly nice and laid back.  It's really nice to know someone is just down the hall when the boys are gone to practice.  Of course, I had to welcome her to the country with some cinnamon rolls.  I know I wouldn't have minded some when I first got here!  I don't think the other guys here on the second floor minded getting some cinnamon rolls, neither.  (Any reason for me to bake is a good reason!)  The other morning we walked to the grocery store Ty and I always go to (Colruyt) and I helped her get some more stuff for their apartment.  I forgot to bring bags with us (because most stores do not provide bags for you over here) so we carried all her stuff back in the trashcan she bought.  I'm sure it looked funny to see a couple girls walking down the road with a random trashcan.  All well, as our new motto says, "Anything goes in Belgium".  I really feel like that's true, especially since most of the people park on sidewalks and wear short-shorts with hiking boots.  

Last night, the boys had their last friendly game and it was here.  We won...YAY!  Here are a few pictures I took during the game.  I kind of forgot to take my camera out most of the time and didn't get a whole lot of great shots.
Before the game, a couple of guys started wheeling that little divider out and we thought maybe they were just going to see if the guys could play around it ;] I guess they needed a photo-op.  You'd think they would have set them up symmetrically or in some sort of order.



And onto other games....Ty has been waiting for the video game FIFA '12 (soccer game) to come out for a while.  The other day we went to go buy it from a game store and they are not cheap over here.  I think the average price was 65 euros (we found one for 60) and that converts to 87 dollars!  Crazy.  Anyways, since he has a playstation he bought in the US and this game came from Europe, it wouldn't work when he tried to play online!  He could play against the computer, but if he wanted to be able to play his friends in the States, it wouldn't let him.  He searched online and thinks it's because playstation has different networks or something and the European one doesn't always coincide with the one the US is in (we're not really sure, but a couple of people mentioned this online).  Luckily, one of his teammates bought it from him and now we don't have to be out 60 euros!  We're pretty sure the game store wouldn't have taken it back since it had been opened, and it would not have been fun with our language barrier to try to explain to them the problem.

Anyways, we received another care package from my mom last week.  With being in customs a few days, it only took 8 days to get here!  I'm guessing because it was not nearly the size of the first one.

Some jeans, a sweatshirt, Real Simple, sriracha sauce, hoisin sauce, contact solution, GPS accessories, cookie sheet, and (not pictured) a voltage converter. 

Not going to lie, I went right ahead and used the hoisin and sriracha sauce right away that night.  Thanks, mom! :]

We've been here about 6 weeks, and the whole time we've been here I have been rocking the au natural hair look.  But, luckily, my husband bought me a new blow dryer yesterday! How sweet of him.  The blow dryer is actually the same brand as the one I bought in the US.  Babyliss is amazing....I switched my Chi straightener to this brand.  A lot of the girls I worked with at Beauty Brands did as well. 

Pretty excited because now my hair doesn't have to look like THAT anymore.

Ty and I have usually been pretty busy on Sundays because since we've gotten here, he's had either games on Sundays or he's had team functions.  We were excited that this week he had Sunday off (for the most part, he has a team thing with sponsors this evening) and we could go to church!  We thought the church we were going to go to spoke English.  Mike and Alec were going to join us since they were interested in finding a church, too.  I was looking at the church's facebook page and saw they had some pictures up; when I looked closer, I saw the powerpoints were in French.  I did some searching and found out that the sermons are actually all in French :( It says that guests may be greeted in English, but the sermon and worship is all in French.  Dang it.  Looks like we may have to watch sermons online from now on!  

By the way, Ty and I have been married for two months and have lived in Belgium for 6 weeks...we have yet to hit each other over the head with a frying pan.  Still on track! 

Hope you all have a great week!  Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment