Saturday, September 8, 2012

Blue-Eyed Birthdays, School, My Best Friend's Wedding

We've had another great and eventful couple of weeks.  Just the way I like it!

A few weeks ago, I travelled to Manhattan.  I know, right.  I can barely live with myself ;] But I was beyond excited.  It was baby boy Amos Jordan's FIRST birthday!!! Jenn put together a very cute birthday party for him and kept us full with such a good spread of tasty treats.


In love with those baby blues.

Done.

Amos is just one of those babies you want to squeeze and smooch all day long.  He has the most beautiful blue eyes that make your heart melt.

That week, Ty and I started fall semester.  YAY! (kind of).  I really did miss all of my classmates those weeks that we were apart; I'm not sure if I was excited to start school or just excited to see everyone, again.  However, I am so relieved that I am finally taking classes that really mean something and have useful information that I will use on the job someday!  One of my classes is so full of busy work and has me running around doing all sorts of projects.  I guess they don't want to create lazy OTs.  Neuroscience is going to be my toughest class this semester by far (and...umm...I should probably be studying for my test on Tuesday right now...OOPS!)  Luckily, my professor is very engaging and understands OTs.  I also started what our school calls "service learning".  I go to the American Stroke Foundation every week and get to interact with some really amazing people.  It makes me thankful for what I have and reminds me not to take the simple things for granted.  I can't imagine waking up one day after having a stroke and not being able to walk, talk, or take care of myself.  You truly have to have so much drive and motivation to work hard to get back to leading a semi-normal life.  It is very humbling to hear the survivors' stories and see them pushing themselves.

Just last week, one of my best friends got married.  It's a crazy thing, growing up.  Blair and I have been friends since we were 8 years old.  Her poor parents have put up with me eating all their food, drinking all their grape juice, and teaching their daughter songs by the Beastie Boys and Sir-Mix-A-Lot.  In second grade, Blair got this super cute hair cut.  Since she was my best friend, I, of course, had to do the same thing and chop off all my hair.  However, mine didn't quite come out the same.  I didn't look like a cute 8 year old, I looked like a 35 year old soccer mom.  So, my friends, I give you the year of the mom haircut: 

Here we are at 8 years old.  Kind of looks like Blake (Blair's newly acquired hubby) is using me as an arm rest :]

We've had our ups and downs (what teenage girls going through high school don't?), but I love that we're still in each other's lives.  Blair is awesome about catching up and planning friend dates.  She also knows way too much about me so I could probably never be her enemy; she'd have so much blackmail material! ;]

Married? Married! ("16 Candles" reference)

With the beautiful bride!
Hopefully, I can pull myself together and study so I can pass all my tests in the upcoming weeks!  Do send me thoughts and prayers.  I'm the type of person that bakes non-stop when I'm procrastinating or need a study break, so if you see my passed out in a sugar-coma, take away the Kitchen Aid.  

Lots of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment